Dublin court refuses bail for man arrested in relation to bomb hoax

Dublin court has refused bail for a man who is facing charges over a hoax bomb threat against a police station in the city.

Judge Peter McKeown granted bail to the 24-year-old man who has been in custody since he was arrested last Wednesday.

Mr McKeunns’ decision came after an earlier bail hearing in Dublin Central Criminal Court.

He ordered him to be placed in custody in custody until his trial at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court is completed.

The man, from County Clare, was arrested on December 8, two days after gardaí received a report that he was threatening a police vehicle on Clonmacno Road.

A garda sergeant at the station told the Garda Síochána that the man had called a phone number and said he would detonate a bomb.

The officer, who was in uniform, contacted the garda, who in turn contacted the Irish Army bomb squad.

During the call, the man said he wanted to detonate the bomb in the police station.

The garda later arrested the man.

The garda officer was later interviewed by garda colleagues and it was discovered that he had made several false bomb threats.

The court heard the man told them he was responsible for a bomb threat made against a hotel in Dublin in October last year.

He said the threat was made through a number of social media accounts.

A number of phone calls were also made to the hotel and the Gardai were called to assist.

The judge said he could not find evidence to establish the man was responsible because he was in custody and could not produce a warrant for his arrest.

The defendant will be sent back to jail for six months.

Judge McKeough ordered that the Gardae continue their investigation and that the arrest of the suspect would not take place until the investigation was completed.